PHILOSOPHY AND VISION STATEMENT
“The Leonardo Da Vinci Academy aims to instill a love of learning and to challenge students to develop their whole potential in the manner inspired by Leonardo. The goal is to nurture the growth of responsible individuals who are rooted in their heritage, in balance with their world, and secure on the path to self-knowledge within a Catholic setting.”
Leonardo Da Vinci Academy of Arts and Sciences aims to assist in the formation of well-rounded, responsible individuals, promote academic excellence and encourage self-esteem within a healthy Catholic environment.
Specific objectives include:
1. To promote whole-brain thinking, problem solving and an approach to learning inspired by Leonardo Da Vinci.
2. To instill a genuine respect for self, family, and the environment.
3. To stimulate creativity and provide cultural enrichment.
4. To promote a deep appreciation for the Italian heritage within a Canadian context.
5. To instill a profound vision of life as inspired by the Gospel.
The school’s motto “Virtutem Forma Decorat” (Beauty Adorns Virtue) was taken from one of Leonardo’s own works and complements the Academy’s mission statement.